When it comes to building and construction, the most important and final step that makes your home look like a palace is through applying a housepaint. This can be done using different colors of choice which are available in the market today. You just need to offer your contact to house painters and they will see to it that the painting process is complete. You may also wish to renovate the in and out of your home to make it look new, this is a simple task as it can be done perfectly by the house painters. You may have been wondering if you have a contract to for painting your home and you discover he or she may not have]ever done it well according to the standard procedures of painting. In this article, you will learn the procedures that are followed by your painter to ensure your home is wonderfully painted.
1. Remove furniture within the room- Painting requires maximum attention to ensure that the house is made to look nice without any unnecessary marks. Experienced house painters would not accept to do the painting in your house when it’s full of furniture and plates. This can make them strain as they paint most sensitive parts of your room. Most of the painters prefer that you set aside a separate room where they can store all your belongings. The advantage of this step is that the possibility of paints splashing all over your nice chairs tables and utensils is minimized. So you will not incur extra cost trying to eliminate the unwanted color that may have fallen on them during the painting process
2. Protect the floor against paint splash- The second process that is involved in painting your home is ensuring that the whole room and verandas are fully protected. The kind of protection needed in this case is supposed to be a material that cannot be affected easily and let the paint drop in you executive tiles or carpets. Choosing to use a magazine as the covering material may not be such effective since when it water gets to it, then it will be socked hence not able to perform the protective role. You need to have a butyl-backed clothe will be very significant for this task as it will prevent paints from spilling all over your floor. The cloth ensure it that there is no spilled cloth that passes to the floor
3. Remove wall hangings– An experienced painter will have to tell you to remove all the hangings that are on your wall. There is no time saved by leaving the pictures and your decorative hangings on your wall. Do not expect that it will be easy to paint around the hangings on your wall. It only risks the chance of destroying the best precious paintings you have been hanging. And for this reason, it’s advisable that before any painting is done, then all the paintings, and wall curtains be removed to create an easy task for the house painter. There is a need to ensure that all the removed items to be kept somewhere safe because they may include very delicate items that can break easily. If the items were hanged using nails, then you also need to remove the nails and fill the holes using a spackle which should be left to dry before you can start the painting process.
4. Clean the walls to be painted– The interior and exterior of your home need to be thorough fully cleaned after you have removed all the things that may have been on the surface… You may be wondering why you need to clean a wall that you are going to paint, well you can’t bypass this step for it will determine the general outcome of your painting. There are other liquids that react negatively with your pain. For instance, if your wall had some oil, then it may make that particular surface to look different from the others after it’s painted. When you apply a paint in a dark wall, then it will also be visible hence making your work to look incomplete. By using Trisodium Phosphate, you will be able to remove all the all the soot that may have accumulated in the kitchen walls so that you make a perfect paint.
5. Remove outlet covers and switch plates- Dealing with sockets, light fixtures and the taps on the sink may not be that good. house painters cannot be able to paint around them for this will only create strokes in our paintings and may discolor them completely. So it’s advisable that as you are planning to paint that tinny room over there, then you should first remove the outlet covers and then you switch the plates. A more advanced way of dealing with this work is to use a childproof- plastic-outlet cover this will help you protect the socket as you continue with the painting. For a good precaution, you need to turn off the power from the consumer box to allow you to work easily. When you are done painting, then ensure you return everything in order
6. Tape all the necessary points- You can be a pro but errors are to human beings. You need to tape around your rooms in areas where the window seal or the special markings are located. You can use a professional tape for this job which is available in most hardware. The tape helps you when you want to make your house have different colors so that at the point where the colors intersect, you apply a tape and the cut will look extremely nice without zigzag designs.
7. Set up a staging area- When you are now ready to get going, you must locate a place where you will be operating. This place will help you so that you will not have to be carrying your full bucket of paint all around the house as you paint. It also helps you to store the paint cans that have been used. Cleaning your brushes can be done here. This will be very important because cleaning the whole room where the paint may have splashed on will take you long compared to know the time you spend while moving in and out to your staging area when changing your brush and filling the paints.
At this very stage, Boulder painters seems to have accomplished the work and what remains is just to do some minor cleaning in the staging area. And by the time this is finished, your house will be very back to the intended color.